
I'm back from Hawaii! What a wonderful trip/vacation it was for me. I even took a surfing lesson! Man what a blast! That had to be the highlight of the trip for me! The feeling I got when the wave would push the board....*sigh* I miss that already! We went to most of the happening places on Oahu. We stayed at Waikiki, but we went to a laua, visited Pearl Harbor, Dole Pineapple Plantation, Hale'iwa, North Shore, and went snorkling at Hanauma Bay. Well, I didn't snorkle, but that's another story!



Jim and June survived here in Dickinson...mostly. June was not happy that I was gone. But then, she's never truly experienced life without Mommy around. I believe she even admitted, "I take my Mommy for granted." She was very glad for me to come home. At some point in all of the excitement, I explained to her that it's not polite to ask, "What did you bring me?" Instead you should ask how a person's trip was etc. Amazingly, when Lesley came over, she asked, "How was your trip to Hawaii?" We were both shocked!!! She loved all her stuff from Hawaii. And Jim was awed with my choice of ukelele for him!!!
I am thankful for the opportunity to visit Oahu. And I am glad that I was able to let my hair down and just get away for a few days. I am so blessed to have a hubby that would even let me go!!!
Of course, I'm so happy to be reunited with my family. But it's back to the daily grind now...as Hawaii slips further and further into my memory..........
Much love, Jane
2 comments:
So great to know that you were feeding your soul in Hawaii :) Doesn't life "click" when the views, noises and scents around you change? ... the pacific ... YES!
Love the pics and June looks so Hawaiiiiiiiiiian!
Aloha!
Very cool! I've done very little this summer but Pony Baseball mom stuff. I started tearing out a bathroom on Tuesday to remodel. Alex says I do this crap 'cause I'm bored.
Post a Comment