
It was a simple batting practice in the backyard. Dad throwing wiffle balls to Oscar. Done many times in the past but 13 is upon us and now we are stronger than we used to be. We thought we were being so responsible using plastic balls that wouldn't hurt anything.
I had assumed my first post would be something about Honor Society induction, a piano recital, or some dramatic moment in a baseball game. Instead, I sit here and wait for the glass people to arrive as very expensive conditioned air escapes from my house.
For those of you with boys, your time is coming. This isn't our first broken window due to baseball...that first one was the next door neighbor's window. Thankfully she's very forgiving and window fixers came quickly. For those of you with girls, maybe this same thing will happen to you also. I remember breaking a van window with a baseball in 5th grade.
Tonight begins another Pony All-Star baseball tournament. We try to remember to park away from foul ball territory lest our windshield look like the window on the back of our house. Think of us as we sit for 4 hours tomorrow in 100 degree weather cheering on our 13-year-old toward victory (or at least fun).

2 comments:
Oh my! Don't let those plastic balls fool you...I remember having a busted lip from one of those...
...does a husband badly crashing his mountain bike in the "middle of nowhere" count as having a teenager at home??? :) I feel your pain! :)
Happy summer to us all.
Post a Comment