Baseball dominated our lives for much longer than I had hoped. Our team was district champs and so we went on to the next level. Oscar pitched well. He had one very strong team from the Bellaire area of Houston on the ropes for 5 innings. His arm finally tired, they had seen his stuff twice through the batting order, and the NASA Pony 13-year-old All-Stars finally lost. The coaches from the opposite team wanted to meet him when it was over. Where’s that ‘little-lefty?” It makes parents (and I’m sure Oscar) proud. But this loss kept us from having to go to Louisiana to play the following weekend and stay in some questionable hotel all in the name of youth baseball.

I Wanna Be a Rock star
Oscar got a
n electric guitar and mini-amp this summer. He’s pretty musical so within about 24 hours after he first touched it we were hearing riffs from AC/DC, Deep Purple and Van Halen. He also played Amazing Grace but it sounded to me like a Jimi Hendrix version.
Credit Card Fiasco
I received a call one morning that I did not answer. Some off-shore betting site was verifying my ‘baseball package.’ [I watch Oscar’s games with enthusiasm but I don’t bet on them.] I figured it was simply one of those telemarketer hunting expeditions. Turns out that despite my credit card being in my purse it had been used for online off-shore betting. We caught it early. It was all over in 24 hours. But still! I still have no idea how it got ‘out there.’ On a more positive note—our mortgage was paid off in June. Haven’t decided what to do next—upgrade, travel, worry about college costing $20,000 a year for a state school? Who needs a drink?
Bathroom Re-Do
It’s done—see the before and after pics. Alex has requested that I stop watching HGTV. He’s tired of my ideas.
Before (this is actually a picture before our Rita evacuation 3 years ago--see the plywood over the window?) I always forget to take before pictures. Click on the picture to see my HGTV commentary.
After
Vacation
Not really! We played tourist in our own area this year. One of our fun outings was to Galveston’s Col. Bubbie’s Surplus Store http://www.colbubbie.com/.
Alex and Oscar tried on every historical military head covering imaginable. What a great place to find a Halloween costume. I now have U.N. peacekee
per’s beret. I need some cold weather to wear it.

Summer is over. School has begun. And we now resume our suburban dream of a life. Oscar is in 8th grade, playing football and the drums for school. He’s taking a couple of high school courses and he continues to take piano lessons to make his mother happy.
Hope everyone is well.
1 comment:
Fancy Pants Bathroom! I like the hats....where is your pic?
Post a Comment