Thursday, July 3, 2008

May/June--The Cliffs Notes version

The end of the school year was full of events that seemed to take over every evening. We ended up eating at Wendy’s on the run more often than we wanted. I’ve finally gotten around to uploading videos and dealing with pictures and can now share. It will probably sound an awful lot like “my kid is awesome” rhetoric. I promise it’s not. In addition to all that is going on, he is 13 and he talks back and is way smarter than any adults he is related to. So without further ado and so that grandparents get to see some of it…

Piano Recital
He has taken lessons for 7 years now. His piano teacher recently decided to move away and for awhile we were afraid that he’d stop lessons. We have found another teacher for him. She is less “suicide” about classical music and so now we are getting to listen to “Theme from The Simpsons.” Rock On!!




National Junior Honor Society
…with his peeps celebrating braininess and straight As



Baseball
Pony is a bigger, badder diamond. The 14 year olds are what I like to call ‘man-children’ and it is scary for me to see my 85 pounder pitch against them. I always feel like I’m watching him bleed. He’s not bad and is now playing with the All-Stars. (p.s. This is a copyrighted picture that I have ordered but haven't yet received.)


Bathroom
We are redoing a bathroom. Gone will be the last traces of 1972 from my house. But until we’re done I have a hole in the floor where a toilet used to be and hole in the wall where a sink used to be. At the end of the day when we decide we can do no more painting, tiling, or arguing--Miller Time feels good!!!

Guitar Hero
I’m now hearing Aerosmith music when none is actually playing.

Traveling
None yet--we wanted to spend some time in Boston and catch a Sox game and do some American History. We are waiting for the baseball team to lose and be done but then there is Vacation Bible School camp counseling and the rest of the summer basketball league and tennis camp and ??? Maybe we’ll save our money for a November or December trip when it’s not so flippin’ hot.

Peace in the Middle East--y'all!

2 comments:

Santa Fe Buckleys said...

WOW WOW WOW....Oscar you are AMAZING!!!! And you look cool pitching too :))

Shari

EBPitcher said...

Good Job - Oscar! I can't wait to see some video of you pitching!

And Michelle - when you finish with your bathroom, I've got one you can work on. It might be more challenging - I think we have a leak in our shower stall liner! :(
-EBP-